Re: Awkward booting issue

From: Ian FREISLICH <ianf_at_clue.co.za>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 12:17:01 +0200
Mark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to get FreeBSD 9 amd64 to boot on my 1U server
> but am unsuccesful and am out of ideas.
>
> I tried to boot the iso from CD-ROM, I tried multiple USB memory
> sticks and I even tried to boot from hard discs, I'll explain this
> further below.
>
> Oddly enough every boot attempt fails. Right after the hard discs are
> recognised the system just sits there, silent, with no errors. The last

Have you tried waiting a long long long time?  I have a problem
where the boot hangs but it does actually eventually boot.  The
most infomation I managed to get out of the system before I had to
give up and revert to the previous config was that although Hz was
configured as 1000, it was only ticking 19 times a second, so machine
time was running about 50 slower than wallclock time.

You might or not be experiencing the same issue.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich