Re: FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64: clientsoftware crashes since make world of today at revision r233779

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 19:16:49 +0200
Am 04/02/12 16:06, schrieb Alexander Kabaev:
> On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 14:32:51 +0200
> "O. Hartmann" <ohartman_at_mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello out there.
>>
>> My FreeBSD 10 box is at revision r233779. I updated the sources this
>> morning and made a buildworld successfully.
>>
>> After a reboot of the box, I witness several bad issues. Firefox, for
>> instance, is droppimng a core now when starting. Using portmaster for
>> updates produces a lot of Segmentation faults on the screen. Othe
>> minor clients which were working prior to the update today (last
>> makeworl on Friday last week) aren't any more and dropping cores.
>>
>> Does anyone also realize this on FreeBSD 10 boxes?
>>
>> I use CLANG as the base compiler and also for the ports (for those
>> which are compiling with CLANG).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Oliver
>>

> Since you did not provide any details, I'd have to guess and I am
> guessing this is an interaction between rtld and new libstdc++ that is
> a likely cause for the crashes. Please try with revision r233778.

Sorry for the late response.

Indeed, I use the tag

WITH_LIBCPLUSPLUS=      YES

in /etc/src.cnf.

After an upgrade of the sources shortly after I posted the mail in the
list, I recompiled the newly sources and reinstalled the system again
and all problems I reported before were gone.

Sorry for the noise.

Regards,
Oliver