Re: Failure to rebuild x11/nvidia-driver on head at r233697

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 06:31:34 -0700
On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 08:55:34AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> > > You can actually use that on 8 and 9 as well.  I think it's a likely a bug
> > > that it used VM_MEMATTR_UNCACHED in the first place and that it should have
> > > been using VM_MEMATTR_UNCACHEABLE all along.  (Which is why I've renamed
> > > the obscure and not really useful VM_MEMATTR_UNCACHED.)
> >
> > OK; that seems to work, at least under stable/8 -- thanks!
>
> FYI, this should be fixed in the next driver release from NVIDIA.

Cool; thanks for mentioning it.

In the mean time, the patch (that I posted earlier) that replaces
VM_MEMATTR_UNCACHED with VM_MEMATTR_UNCACHEABLE works for me under
stable/8, stable/9, and head, so folks may want to use something
like that if they don't want to wait.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.