Re: [regression] unable to boot: no GEOM devices found.

From: David Naylor <naylor.b.david_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 12:35:36 +0200
On Thursday, 5 April 2012 16:05:23 John Baldwin wrote:
> On Thursday, April 05, 2012 4:40:32 am David Naylor wrote:
> > I am no longer able to test on that machine.  Booting of a USB stick
> > doesn't work, the kernel says: WARNING WITNESS ENABLED then the computer
> > restarts. This is with -current after you committed the patch and with
> > stable-9.
> >
> > I have verified that the USB stick does boot off other computers.
>
> Hmm, I suspect this is a different issue seeing as it affects stable-9
> (assuming you tested stock 9 and not with this patch applied).

Your assumption is correct.  This error has nothing to do with your change.

> It is up
> to you how much time you want to spend on this as I do believe based on
> other feedback I've gotten that the issue you initially reported should be
> fixed.

I don't have time to spend tracking down the error (I would use a binomial
search to find when things stopped working).  I will gladly test any patches
(or reverse commits) if someone comes up with a suggestion.

Also, of note, even though Windows 7 runs fine on the computer I cannot rule
out some sort of hardware failure.

Thanks for fixing the MCP51 issue.