Re: There is a known problem with MIPS tinderbox.

From: Jayachandran C. <c.jayachandran_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 11:40:43 +0530
2012/4/7 Stanislav Sedov <stas_at_freebsd.org>:
> On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 13:08:12 +0530
> "Jayachandran C." <c.jayachandran_at_gmail.com> mentioned:

>> > Thanks.  What I'm also trying right now is to add a version map to the
>> > libkafs -- this might help binutils to link it properly as well.  If it
>> > fails, we can try adding a proper one for libasn1.
>>
>> The libasn1 workaround is here:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~jchandra/libasn1.diff
>>

> Thanks!
>
> My idea of adding a version map to libkafs worked as well.
> Can you, please, test if it fixes the issue for you?
> It seems to be a less complicated way to solve it.

I would still suggest the asn1 change if we are doing a temporary fix, because:
- It does not add any new symbol versioning, it just converts the
'global: *' to an explicit list of symbols.
- there are other libraries lined to asn1 which may have the same
issue as libkafs5 (I haven't really looked at this.

The only downside I see is that libasn1 has a lot of symbols.

JC.