Re: pmap and mtx scalability problem

From: K. Macy <kmacy_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 22:43:08 +0200
No. I developed a patch from Jeffr that pushed the vm_page_lock array
down in to the machine dependent code, replacing most of the uses of
the single vm_page_queue_lock. However, alc doesn't like the design
and has not proposed an alternative.

-Kip

--
   “The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'get by.'
The ordinary men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t

   Those for whom freedom, honour, truth, and principles are only
literature. Those who live small, love small, die small. It’s the
reductionist approach to life: if you keep it small, you’ll keep it
under control. If you don’t make any noise, the bogeyman won’t find
you.

   But it’s all an illusion, because they die too, those people who
roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?!
>From what? Life is always on the edge of death; narrow streets lead to
the same place as wide avenues, and a little candle burns itself out
just like a flaming torch does.

   I choose my own way to burn.”

   Sophie Scholl