Re: compiling world fails with 9.0 and 10.0 from today (28.04)

From: Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist_at_ovitrap.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 08:50:47 +0700
Hi,

On Saturday 28 April 2012 08:31:55 David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 08:25:37AM +0700, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> > FreeBSD 10.0 gives me this error message:
> >
> > ===> kerberos5/tools (obj,depend,all)
> > ===> kerberos5/tools/make-print-version (obj)
> > cd: /usr/src/kerberos5/tools/make-print-version: No such file or directory
> > *** [obj] Error code 2
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src/kerberos5/tools.
> > *** [build-tools] Error code 1
> >
> > Where can I find information about 10.0 to enable me to fix this myself?
>
> What command(s) did you use?  What was your current working directory at
> the time?

I use the following commands to do the compilation:

cd /usr/src
/usr/bin/nice -n 20 make buildworld

> Have you reviewed /usr/src/UPDATING?  Near the end of that file, there
> is a list of commands to use to build from sources.  Scan for "COMMON
> ITEMS".

Do you mean this one?

make kernel-toolchain
make -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE buildkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE
make -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE installkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE

Isn't this the next step after building the world?

> > I have the feeling that I have missed something very simple in the configuration process.
>
> You would hardly be the first to encounter such a thing. :-}

I also think so.

I am currently downloading the 9.0 sources into an empty source tree on a 8.3 machine to see what happens there.

I extra did not copy the data from 9.0 machine to avoid any problem being moved over to the other working machine.

Erich