Re: On cooperative work [Was: Re: newbus' ivar's limitation..]

From: Garrett Cooper <yanegomi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 09:44:38 -0700
On Aug 2, 2012, at 9:20 AM, Scott Long wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2012, at 12:23 AM, Kevin Oberman <kob6558_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Doug makes some good points.
>
> No, he doesn't.  He and Arnould being argumentative and accusatory where none of that is warranted.
>
> I used to run the devsummits, and we did tele-conference lines for remote people to participate.  After I stepped down, others took it up and did the same thing.  Usually, the lines were unused.  I suspect that organizers simply stopped thinking about them after a while because of poor interest.  There is no conspiracy of exclusion here, just simple human apathy.

	The "Watson/Losh connection" worked really well in BSDCan 2010 :).
	Advertising the teleconferencing lines might be an issue (I would have loved to have joined in some of the remote conferences, if for nothing more than be a fly on the wall, this year), but that's a separate thing aside.
	There's some misunderstanding, assumption, etc mixed together in this mailing chain that I think is probably better resolved with some face-to-face conversations or maybe just more rational (and less heated) discussion.
Thanks!
-Garrett