Re: VirtualBox: Eating up 100% CPU, freezing Windows 7

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 00:57:48 -0700
On 08/04/2012 17:56, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Doug Barton <dougb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

>>>     That doesn't work
>>
>> I assure you that it does. I have put a non-zero amount of work into
>> fixing it, I use this method, and the resulting kernel module works just
>> fine.
>>
>> If you actually try it and find something is not as it should be, then
>> yes; please do file a PR and feel free to cc me.
>>
>> Doug
>
> I am only aware of this because of your posts. No reference to it at
> all in src.conf(5). It would be nice to see it there.

It's in make.conf(5) for historical reasons, along with a lot of other
options that should be moved.

> It is mentioned in build(7), but only as a MAKE option and a lot of
> people are not going to realize it can be placed in src.conf.

It can also go in make.conf, so that's not a total loss I suppose.

> Also,
> for those not fairly conversant in make, it is not clear whether
> multiple ports should be space, comma, colon, or otherwise delimited
>
> This is a very nice option as it is very easy to overlook rebuilding
> kernel modules in ports when building the kernel. Thanks or working on
> it.

My pleasure ... it was one of those things on "the list" and I finally
got around to it.

Doug

--

    I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do
    something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what