Re: Speaking of ship blockers for 9....

From: Ian FREISLICH <ianf_at_clue.co.za>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 11:56:03 +0200
Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> Let me give you link to my branch of pf:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-pf/2012-June/006643.html
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-pf/2012-June/006662.html
>
> In that branch the code that puts the "reverse" pointer on state keys,
> as well as the m_addr_changed() function and the pf_compare_state_keys()
> had been cut away.
>
> So, this exact bug definitely can't be reproduced there. However, others
> may hide in :)

Thanks.  I'll be able to work on this next week.  My system is
pretty similar to yours - 16 cores, full BGP RIB, 20+ VLANs + CARP
on 4*bce(4), PF+Sync, 400k+ states, NAT, tables, anchors etc.

The complication is that the production system is on 8 and the
pfsync is incompatible with 9 and CURRENT.  And, 9/CURRENT is
unuseable for me as a backup without this fix because of the state
mismatch rate.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich