Re: CURRENT as gateway on not-so-fast hardware: where is a bottlneck?

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 12:21:19 +0400
Hello, Lev.
You wrote 15 августа 2012 г., 0:45:42:

LS>  Answer looks trivial: router CPU is bottleneck. But here is one additional
LS> detail: `top' never shows less than 50% of idle when torrents are
LS> active. And `idle' time with torrents traffic is ALWAYS is higher than
LS> without them, but with WiFi traffic.
  Ok,  additional  information:  it  seems,  that  `top'  is liar when
 POLLING is enabled for em0 and vr1 NICs. I'm turned POLLING off, and
 speeds are the same, but `idle' is no more 50%, it is `0%' when
 gateway is overloaded.

 But i still feezes under load with ULE. It looks like ULE is broken.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>