Re: please add auditdistd user/group to -stable and the 9.1-release?

From: Robert N. M. Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 08:36:29 +0000
My intuition (hope) is that 9.1 is past the point of no return on builds and so that boat has been missed; however, my plan is to MFC the auditdistd user to stable/8 and stable/9 after the 3-day MFC timeout. If Ken thinks builds have yet to start on the final 9.1 image, however, then I'm happy to merge to there as well.

Brooks Davis has a work-in-progress port of the NetBSD mtree (etc) to FreeBSD that will hopefully be merged soon, and allow improved cross-install experiences. This is something 9.1 users will benefit from as it can be done entirely in the cross-build/install tools rather than requiring host changes. In the longer term, these changes are necessary to not only allow more diverse cross-builds on FreeBSD, but also to allow builds from other OS's, where "add FreeBSD's auditdistd user" makes no sense at all.

Robert