Re: looking for help from ppp users

From: Gary Palmer <gpalmer_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 10:41:54 -0500
On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 06:19:25PM -0500, Eitan Adler wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm working on a project to review the FAQ: http://wiki.freebsd.org/ThwackAFAQ
>
> I need volunteers to question through the questions starting "userppp"
> through "desperation" and review them.  If you don't have time to go
> through them all, just pick one and make this a group process.
>
> Is it factually correct?
> Does it use deprecated functionality?
> Is it completely outdated to the point we should remove it?
> Does it need better examples?
> Is it clear and concise?
> Typos and spelling mistakes
>
> It isn't that hard and would be a great help!

While not commenting on the correctness of the current contents, the userland
PPP section of the FAQ appears to mostly deal with dialup modems.  I suspect
more people use it now to do PPPoA or PPPoE for some form of DSL link and
there probably needs to be some effort to address the differences.

Regards,

Gary