Re: 9.1-RC3 LiveCD missing features

From: Tomek CEDRO <tomek.cedro_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 00:05:08 +0100
As I get ffs_valloc kernel panic on my / I want to check for badblocks but
cannot do that from the system itself so I need another FreeBSD instance to
run badblocks on unmounted /. There are no badblocks on LiveCD and I cannot
simply download it with pkg_add -r. Installing another system just to test
existing one seems silly. It would be nice to finally have swiss army knife
on generic LiveCD FreeBSD install, not using linux windows hirens etc :-)

I have just started dd if=root of=root from LiveCD, Ill let you know if
that worked :-)

Best regards :-)
Tomek