Re: 9.1-RC3 LiveCD missing features

From: Garrett Cooper <yanegomi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 23:31:59 -0800
On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM, CeDeROM <cederom_at_tlen.pl> wrote:
> Hello Ian :-)
>
> This is the problem - / is read only and /etc/resolv.conf already links to
> nonexistent file. This way I cannot modify its content nor link other file
> (i.e. /var/resolv.conf) to /etc/resolv.conf. Creating /var/resolv.conf does
> not help either.
>
> I think /etc/resolv.conf should point to /var/resolv.conf from start so the
> resolver is functional :-)

    I generally get around this with mdmfs and unionfs mounts, but
it's a bit annoying... I'll see if I can file a PR with all of the
things that need to be fixed/enhanced and maybe fix some of the items
if I get some time (if the liveCD used rc.initdiskless it would be
considerably simpler and some key filesystems would be writable after
boot).
Thanks,
-Garrett