Re: HEADS UP: FreeBSD git mirrors demoted to beta status, need your help

From: Ulrich Spörlein <uqs_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 10:44:43 +0100
On Sat, 2012-12-15 at 16:44:52 -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2012, at 1:16 PM, Ulrich Spörlein <uqs_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, scrap that, I have too many copies of the conversion lying around
> > and got confused.
> >
> > I'd like to thank all who reported in with hashes of their conversion
> > run and will make sure all is solid tomorrow.
> >

> Thanks. I am wondering will the new repo include svn revision numbers in the git commit logs?
>
> Thank you.

Not in the logs, they are stored in git notes. If you don't have em, run
the following:

git config add remote.origin.fetch '+refs/notes/*:refs/notes/*'
git fetch

The git log will then produce output like this:

commit c3c1c81918dd701cfecb370f591746bacc907e4d
Author: rwatson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date:   Sat Dec 15 15:21:09 2012 +0000

    Four .c files from OpenBSM are used, in modified form, by the kernel to
    implement the BSM audit trail format.  Rename the kernel versions of the
    files to match the userspace filenames so that it's easier to work out
    what they correspond to, and therefore ensure they are kept in-sync.

    Obtained from:      TrustedBSD Project

Notes:
    svn path=/head/; revision=244267

You can search for a specific revision like this:

% git log --grep="revision=234567"
commit 0264d1ea29a4b35914a658ab01ece38e3637f84f