Re: Does anyone regularly build HEAD with clang?

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:19:07 +0100
On 2012-02-13 20:10, Brandon Falk wrote:
> I was having the exact same issue. The fix? 'CPP=clang-cpp' instead of
> 'CPP=clang -E' in your make.conf.

Yes, you should indeed use clang-cpp instead of clang -E.  Similarly,
never use CPP=gcc -E.

This is because in "cpp mode", both gcc and clang behave a little
differently than with -E: unknown file extensions (such as the .x
extension used for RPC) will be treated as C.

But when you use -E, any unknown file extension will be considered an
object file, and passed to the linker.

Normally, this should lead to errors during building of the rpc include
files though... I wonder why this does not happen in your case.