Re: loader is aborted with 'out of memory'

From: TAKAHASHI Yoshihiro <nyan_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 22:02:15 +0900 (JST)
In article <4F393B95.7070203_at_gmail.com>
Chuck Burns <break19_at_gmail.com> writes:

> On 2/13/2012 7:06 AM, TAKAHASHI Yoshihiro wrote:
>> I got the following error of the current loader if I put the xxx_after
>> line into loader.conf to wait a key after load the xxx module.
>>
>> ---
>> Error: out of memory
>> Module xxx
>> Error executing read -p "Press Enter"
>> Aborted!
>> ---
>>
>> The loader.conf is:
>> xxx_load="YES"
>> xxx_after="read -p \"Press Enter\""
>>
>> Does anyone know what is wrong?
>>
> Uhm, yea.. it's having trouble executing the command 'read -p "Press
> Enter"'
>
> My guess is, it can't run that command "read". Perhaps it needs a full
> path, or something? grasping at straws on the fix you want, but the
> error message is pretty clear..  and without the _after line I'm
> betting it would boot fine.

What I'd like to do is making boot and mfsroot floppy images to install
for pc98.  So I want to fix this problem.

If I tested the loader image on current with the forth scripts on 8.x,
the _before and _after work fine.

---
TAKAHASHI Yoshihiro <nyan_at_FreeBSD.org>