Re: [ptrace] please review follow fork/exec changes

From: Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:40:31 +0200
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 09:22:10AM -0800, Dmitry Mikulin wrote:

> >>In this case the process will move from gdb's child list to gdb's orphan
> >>list when the real parent does a wait4(). Next time around the wait loop
> >>in
> >>gdb it'll be caught by the orphan's proc_reap().
> >I do not see how the next debugger loop could find this process at all,
> >since the first wait4() call reparented it to the original parent.
>
> Not the debugger loop, the kern_wait() loop. The child get re-parented to
> the original parent but moves to the orphan list of the debugger process.

Either the debugger loop which calls wait4/waitpid, or the kern_wait loop
resulting from the debugger calling wait*.

Could you, please, describe, how the patched kernel moves the wait'ed
zombie to the orphan list of the debugger ?
For me, it seems that there is another bug, the child appears both on
the childdren list, and on the orphan list of the real parent.