Syscons issue Intel D2700

From: matt <sendtomatt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 20:11:43 -0800
I'm currently trying to boot an intel evaluation board (D2700) with
10-CURRENT.
Installation was
make installworld DESTDIR=/mnt/disk
make installkernel DESTDIR=/mnt/disk
make distribution DESTDIR=/mnt/disk
vi /mnt/disk/fstab (added lines for root, swap)
unmount /mnt/disk

Boot goes fine until the kernel is loaded.
Once the kernel is loaded, boot continues, however only the very bottom
line is showing kernel messages...the rest of the screen still "looks"
like loader.

Once booted, a number of silly attempts with vidcontrol 80x25,
vidcontrol -C, vidcontrol VESA_800x600 do not fix the situation.

Interestingly, typing clear moves the prompt up, but the screen still
looks like loader.
I can see my text, but command output is not written to the console.

This is weird. I am actually not that interested in much about the
graphics on this board...it's gma500 all over again.
Getting basic syscons working would be nice, however...I don't want to
have to use a null modem cable during development.

If it helps I'll fire up sshd and make a bunch of diagnostic files,
although I can't see ifconfig output I assume em drivers are fine.
It is a nice board otherwise, with two intel nics...am interested in
developing a freebsd-based product if possible :)

If this is something I hosed with the above minimal installation I
apologize in advance!

Matt