Re: rtld or lang/gcc cannot find libgcc_s.so.1

From: Tim Kientzle <tim_at_kientzle.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 10:41:59 -0800
On Feb 23, 2012, at 9:16 AM, Alexander Kabaev wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 21:11:13 -0800
> Tim Kientzle <tim_at_kientzle.com> wrote:
>

>> If I understand correctly, the libgcc in base is pretty stripped
>> down compared to "regular" libgcc, because most of that
>> stuff is in our libc instead.
>>

> You understand it a bit wrong, but your conclusions are correct. libgcc
> in base is not stripped in any way and is supposed to be identical to
> one coming from upstream.

So where is __umodsi3 supposed to be defined for ARM?

In FreeBSD, libgcc refers to it but does not define it.
It's defined in libc.

I stumbled across this trying to link some freestanding
ARM code using the native cross-compilers.  The link
failed if I used -nostdlib because of a handful of symbols
such as this.

Tim