9.0 base.txz ftp download time out

From: Fbsd8 <fbsd8_at_a1poweruser.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:08:15 +0800
I have a scripted ftp download for 8.x and 9.0 distribution files.
When I target 8.x releases it downloads the multiple distribution files
without any problems. To get the complete group takes about 20 minutes
and ends cleanly.

But when I try to fetch the 9.0 base.txz file it says 100% completed and
then times out. It also runs about 20 minutes just to download the
single file. I do get the base.txz file downloaded but it ends uncleanly
saying it timed out.

All the mirrors issue standard login messages saying there are
restrictions in effect. My question is there some restriction about time
allowed per file downloaded? And now that the layout of the 9.0
distribution files has changed to a large file compared to many small
files in a directory as for 8.0 is this causing the base.txz file
download to time out? IE: does the ftp restrictions need to be changed
for the new 9.0 distribution file?

Here is log of my ftp run.

230 Anonymous access granted, restrictions apply
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
prompt off
Interactive mode off.
cd /pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/i386/9.0-RELEASE
250 CWD command successful
epsv4 off
EPSV/EPRT on IPv4 off.
mreget  base.txz doc.txz
227 Entering Passive Mode (137,189,4,14,221,218).
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for base.txz (54107736 bytes)
00:00 ETA
421 Service not available, remote server timed out. Connection closed.
54107736 bytes received in 21:30 (40.93 KiB/s)
ftp: No control connection for command