Re: periodic emails

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 14:45:27 -0800
On 01/02/2012 14:14, Garrett Cooper wrote:

>     How does this look for starters? The attached patch's goal is to
> provide a generic, rc(5)-like infrastructure that would quiet down the
> periodic emails for 120.clean-preserve .

The periodic scripts are badly in need of attention, so effort in that
area is much appreciated.

Regarding your patch, rather than copying functions from rc.subr, why
not just source it? Yes, you will get more than you need, but I think
that the virtue of not having to maintain the same code in 2 places far
outweighs that minor drawback.

Doug

--

	You can observe a lot just by watching.	-- Yogi Berra