Re: cross-arch building picobsd/nanobsd images ?

From: Garrett Cooper <yanegomi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 22:29:44 -0800
On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 4 January 2012 20:53, Jacques Fourie <jacques.fourie_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've posted a diff to -arm about 2 years ago that I used to
>> cross-build arm picobsd images for a gumstix platform on a i386 host.
>> I don't know if the diff will apply cleanly anymore but here it is in
>> anyway.
>
> Hi,
>
> I've figured out all the right flags to pass to a cross-build
> environment. Namely:

> .. ignore LOCAL_TOOL_DIRS, I haven't committed that yet to -HEAD.
>
> If someone would like to update picobsd to make this work, I'll
> happily test out patches and commit it to -HEAD.
>
> Building -8 and previous needed some extra hacks (eg
> TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN) which have been removed from -HEAD/-9.

    Here's the FreeNAS project/iXsystems' contribution to nanobsd
which was contributed back to Warner, but hasn't been reviewed /
committed to CURRENT since I missed my pre-Christmas window of
opportunity :(. There are some potentially helpful gems that could be
added to picobsd (and vice versa I'm sure) -- look for NANO_ARCH for
instance; it doesn't resolve the TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN issue noted
previously, but that's probably part of the reason why NANO_PMAKE is a
separate variable...
Thanks!
-Garrett