Re: Kernel does not build on 10.0-CURRENT (amd64)

From: Alexander Yerenkow <yerenkow_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 23:49:44 +0200
2012/1/6 Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>

> On 6 January 2012 10:19, Rainer Hurling <rhurlin_at_gwdg.de> wrote:
>
> > I commented all wireless network drivers and their options out. But the
> > error remains. Is it necessary to have this option uncommented even when
> the
> > driver ath is commented out?
>
> Yes, because of how the wlan/ath modules are built. You need to have
> AH_SUPPORT_AR5416 in the kernel config file, as the driver/module
> currently doesn't build without it.

I'm sorry for intruding in this topic, but it seems to me similar subject;
Did FreeBSD ever tried to make config variables structured and with
specified dependencies?
To make clear what I mean - is anyone tried to implement some deps spec
file (Or some special Makefile's sections, whatever), so if you specified
feature A in kernel, it can check if you also specified B (which is
required by A)?
In this way config could provide feedback when you trying to build kernel
without needed dependencies, and many peoples could save their time not
compiling non-buildable kernel.