Re: umass regression

From: Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd_at_chillt.de>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 18:55:10 +0200
Looking into this further, I think that the issue is down to Garmin
devices supplying incorrect information.

means that single level LUN structure is used (which appears to be all
that FreeBSD supports anyway). Consequently, the second LUN should be of
the form:

00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00

Instead, the device reports a second LUN of:

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01

This is invalid as it uses all four addressing levels, not the single
level LUN structure.

I think a quirk will be needed here, for example one that ignores the
list entries and looks at the length of the list only, assuming that for
a list of length n, the LUNs will be 0, 1, 2, ..., n - 1.

- Bartosz