Re: [RFT] Major snd_hda rewrite

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 14:10:31 -0800
On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 11:39:43PM +0200, Alexander Motin wrote:
> On 14.01.2012 23:25, Steve Kargl wrote:
> >On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 01:18:19PM +0200, Alexander Motin wrote:
> >>
> >>That is probably because of $FreeBSD$ macro resolution. Here is version
> >>with present value from 10-CURRENT SVN (sources from CVS or STABLE will
> >>need that patch line modified respectively) and some minor additional
> >>improvements like CODEC ODs and some more sysctls:
> >>http://people.freebsd.org/~mav/hda.rewrite2.patch
> >>

> >Patch applied cleanly.
> >Patch does not fix http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/120780
> >
> >Putting a dvd into the dvd drive. Executing 'mplayer dvd://', the
> >movie starts and sound comes from both the speakers and headphones.
>
> You mean that speakers are not disabled when headphones are plugged in?

No.  I mean that sound is available from either the speakers
(ie, no headphones) or from the headphones (ie no sound
from speakers).  That is, this is working as expected.

> In PR you've written that no sound goes from speakers, but here tell
> opposite. What is right?

If the medium is a DVD, sound works.  If the medium is a music CD,
then sound does not work.

> >Remove dvd insert music cd in drive, 'cdcontrol play'.  The
> >drive is reading the cd and 'cdcontrol status' indicates
> >that it is playing.  No sound.
>
> Most likely analog audio output of your CD is not connected to the
> CODEC. At least there are no CODEC pin configured for it. You may try to
> configure different pins manually, but if there is no electrical
> connection...

Works with MS Windows XP.  Put music CD into drive.  Fire up
MediaPlayer and sound works.  So, I would assume that there
is an electrical connection.  So, how does one manually
configure the pins?

--
Steve