Re: Data corruption over NFS in -current

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:35:34 +0100
On 13/01/2012 15:37, Martin Cracauer wrote:
> More findings.
>
> Reminder, with the original report I found:
> - files for no reason changing ownership and group to
>    root/<owngroupname>
> - data corruption as in inserting binary junk obviously from ports
> - data corruption as in malformed ascii text that might be a bug I
>    have in my code that is only exposed in FreeBSD

> I re-ran with newfs (reboot) which worked (all three problems absent).
>
> I then started building ports/land/gcc47 at the same time as I
> re-started my crazy script and it too only a few seconds for an
> unexpected ownership to root to occur.

Two more things to check:

1) Are you using tmpfs? Could you try without it?

2) Are you really sure your hardware is ok? If everything works fine
after a reboot, it might mean that there is a memory corruption and you
don't use that specific memory until some time after the reboot. Try
running memtest86.