Re: [RFT] Major snd_hda rewrite

From: Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze_at_bsdforen.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 17:24:44 +0100
Hello,

On 11/01/2012 20:33, Alexander Motin wrote:
> I would like request for testing of my work on further HDA sound driver improvement.
>
> Comments and tests results are welcome!

I've been testing the first version of your patch on an HP 6510b, since
the 12th of January.

hdac0_at_pci0:0:27:0:	class=0x040300 card=0x30c0103c chip=0x284b8086 rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
     device     = '82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller'
     class      = multimedia
     subclass   = HDA

> mixer
Mixer vol      is currently set to  80:80
Mixer bass     is currently set to  75:75
Mixer treble   is currently set to  40:40
Mixer pcm      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer speaker  is currently set to   0:0
Mixer line     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer rec      is currently set to  50:50
Mixer igain    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer ogain    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer monitor  is currently set to   0:0
Recording source: monitor

So far I haven't encountered any regressions. There are however some small
issues that also are present with the old driver.

I have the following selection of recording devices:
Mixer line     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer monitor  is currently set to   0:0

To record from the microphone, I have to use the monitor device:
Recording source: monitor

Physically neither the notebook nor the docking station have a line
in socket. Of course such a thing might simply be on board and NC.

Setting a volume for line, mic or monitor has no effect. To hear the
microphone on my speakers/headphones I have to use igain instead.
Igain sets the microphone volume independent of the recording source.

There's also ogain, which doesn't seem to do anything either.

What I expect is that the recording source for the microphone was
mic and that the monitor recording source could be used to record
the cumulative output of all channels.

Regards

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.