Re: Firewire disk/tape access stopped working after recent CAM commit

From: Richard Todd <rmtodd_at_servalan.servalan.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 00:03:56 -0600
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 11:16:05AM -0700, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> If you can, please try the attached patch and see if it has any impact on
> the problem.  There is a bug in that commit in that we shouldn't be
> invalidating all LUNs on a target when we get a status of
> CAM_DEV_NOT_THERE.

Just applied the patch, built new kernel, and rebooted, and all the FW
drivees are showing up now.  Thanks!

> It may be that we need to do a more thorough audit of how various SIM
> drivers are using the CAM_DEV_NOT_THERE status.

So I take it the layers for the different hardware (SCSI, FW, USB,
ATA/AHCI) are handling this status differently, so that's why this bug only
showed up on the Firewire buses but not on ATA/AHCI, USB, or (on my other
machine) SCSI buses?

			Richard