Re: ichwd0: unable to reserve GCS registers

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 17:06:29 -0800
On 01/28/2012 01:41, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 28/01/2012 11:37 Doug Barton said the following:

>>> The next logical question is has ichwd ever worked on this system?  With any
>>> version of FreeBSD.
>>
>> I have a vague recollection that it did, but I just tried 8.1-RELEASE on
>> the same system and got the same message about it being disabled.
>
> Then I'd guess that it has never actually worked (with FreeBSD).

It's possible, sure. What I find interesting is that the message I'm
seeing on -current is different after John's recent commit. OTOH I'm now
seeing the same message on 8 as I am on -current, so you're probably right.

>> OTOH,
>> on my laptop I know that it used to work, and then it didn't.
>
> But that's a different system and, as such, a different problem?
> Have you fixed it or debugged it in a similar fashion to this !laptop system?

I did in the past, yes. But I haven't had a chance to do that since
John's latest commit. I'll do that when I can.

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.