Re: FILTER_SCHEDULE_THREAD is not a bit-value

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:05:16 -0500
On Tuesday, January 31, 2012 3:57:26 am Max Khon wrote:
> No, the text does not imply that only one of the values is supposed to
> be returned (where did you see it). See also KASSERT checks in
> intr_event_handle() -- they clearly show that the intention was to
> allow FILTER_HANDLED and FILTER_SCHEDULE_THREAD to be returned
> simultaneously.

That was the original plan, but I now plan to no longer allow that.  I think I
posted a thread to that effect on arch_at_ several months ago.  However, in some
patches I have to rework ithreads, I remove the bitmask bits and make the
return value a simple enum of distinct values.

Also, your patch is not really correct I think, note that that code is only
in the !INTR_FITLER case, and we don't allow you to OR together those two
values in the INTR_FILTER case.

--
John Baldwin