Re: Java and NIO?

From: Greg Lewis <glewis_at_eyesbeyond.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 12:49:17 -0700
On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 11:38:23AM -0700, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> gnn_at_freebsd.org wrote ..
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Can someone tell me if anyone is working on this Java NIO bug?
> >
> > http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/i386-159787-openjdk-1-6-nio-muti-thread-bug-td4700530.html
> >
> > I would like to avoid using Linux just to run Zookeeper:
> >
> > http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/What-s-the-problem-with-nio-on-FreeBSD-td5208183.html
>
> Hi George,
>
> There is/was a patch from David Xu
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2010-August/008747.html
> maybe this fixes it?

This patch was incorporated into the openjdk6 port soon after it was
posted.  However, I can still reproduce the problem.  Using
-Djava.nio.channels.spi.SelectorProvider=sun.nio.ch.KqueueSelectorProvider
makes no difference.

> also looks like New I/O was updated in jdk7... but would have to check it out to see if issue still exists..

I can't reproduce the problem with the current openjdk7 port.  I haven't
tried out Zookeeper though, so YMMV.  I would say it's definitely worth
a try though.

I don't believe anyone is currently working on a fix for the openjdk6 port
for this.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis_at_eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis_at_FreeBSD.org