Re: Java and NIO?

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 21:15:44 -0700
On 07/08/2012 20:01, George Neville-Neil wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2012, at 22:39 , Doug Barton wrote:
>
>> On 07/08/2012 19:33, George Neville-Neil wrote:
>>> A followup.  zookeeper is now ported to Freebsd (/usr/ports/devel/zookeeper)
>>
>> George, did you see the PR and the followup from me regarding the port?
>>

> I got a mail from jgh_at_ but only today figured out what the PR was.

Are you not getting your gnn_at_FreeBSD.org mail?

> I'll look at the patches from him tomorrow.

I copied the text from my message below for your convenience.

Furthermore the rc.d script is a mess, and should not have been
committed like it was (numerous missing bits, bad format, set_rcvar,
hard-coded /usr/local, no REQUIRE, no KEYWORD: shutdown, etc.). Please
read
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/rc-scripts.html
and then ask in freebsd-rc_at_ if you have any additional questions. Sorry
to be so blunt, but I'm really, really tired of repeating the same stuff
over and over again, and this script is really a mess.

Also, don't install the script in do-install, see the web page above
(and/or the PR) for USE_RC_SUBR.

And FYI, there is no need to have the function in that script. You could
use (for example) start_cmd="$command start" just as well. Not to
mention that the function you have should be using $1 as the argument to
$command, not $rc_arg. Reasons why left as an exercise for the reader ...

Doug