Re: [HEADSUP & CFT] pkg 1.0rc1 and schedule

From: Fbsd8 <fbsd8_at_a1poweruser.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 08:14:53 -0400
What I want to know is this new pkg system going to remove the
requirement of having the complete ports tree on my system?

What I am looking for in an port system, is to install a port and any
files needed for the parent port and its dependents to automatically be
downloaded. So in the end my system ports tree only contain the files
used to install the ports I use and their dependents.