Re: usb plugin msg class

From: Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist_at_ovitrap.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:48:40 +0700
Hi,

On Friday 20 July 2012 21:34:42 Fbsd8 wrote:
> In 8.x and older when I plugged in my usb thumb drive I got some
> messages on the console. But in 9.0 and 9.1 those message no longer show
> up on my console. I have a custom /etc/syslog.conf
>
> Did the message class of those usb plug-in message change between 8.x
> and 9.x? IE as defined in /etc/syslog.conf
>
> If their in a new class what is it?

I do not know. I only know that it works with the following configuration:

# $FreeBSD$
#
#       Spaces ARE valid field separators in this file. However,
#       other *nix-like systems still insist on using tabs as field
#       separators. If you are sharing this file between systems, you
#       may want to use only tabs as field separators here.
#       Consult the syslog.conf(5) manpage.
*.err;kern.warning;auth.notice;mail.crit                /dev/console
*.notice;authpriv.none;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err   /var/log/messages
security.*                                      /var/log/security
auth.info;authpriv.info                         /var/log/auth.log
mail.info                                       /var/log/maillog
lpr.info                                        /var/log/lpd-errs
ftp.info                                        /var/log/xferlog
cron.*                                          /var/log/cron
*.=debug                                        /var/log/debug.log
*.emerg                                         *
# uncomment this to log all writes to /dev/console to /var/log/console.log
#console.info                                   /var/log/console.log
# uncomment this to enable logging of all log messages to /var/log/all.log
# touch /var/log/all.log and chmod it to mode 600 before it will work
#*.*                                            /var/log/all.log
# uncomment this to enable logging to a remote loghost named loghost
#*.*                                            _at_loghost
# uncomment these if you're running inn
# news.crit                                     /var/log/news/news.crit
# news.err                                      /var/log/news/news.err
# news.notice                                   /var/log/news/news.notice
!ppp
*.*                                             /var/log/ppp.log
!*

The file is the from a default installation of 10.

Erich