machine freezes when using USB disk and X

From: Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist_at_ovitrap.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:54:08 +0700
Hi,

I have strange problem which I can reproduce.

When I copy some 100GB to a disk via USB when X is not active, it works
without any problems.

When I copy some 100GB to a disk via USB when X is running, the machine
freezes. It does not react to keyboard, mouse and network actions.

When I use only X on the same machine and do the same copy via network,
the machine behaves as expected.

What could I do to locate the problem?

Erich

PS

uname says:

FreeBSD AMD620.ovitrap.com 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #38: Sat
Jul 21 06:58:49 WIT 2012