Re: RFC: libkern version of inet_ntoa_r

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:44:16 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 10:14:10PM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
..
> Given that libkern has inet_ntop, with the same arguments of the
> userspace version, we'd be much better off with the following
> course of action:
>
> 1. replace calls to inet_ntoa_r() with inet_ntop()
>   This needs to be done only in the kernel, because the libc version
>   is never used at least in the source tree (maybe some port does).
>
> 2. nuke inet_ntoa_r() from libkern

I am Ok with that I think (without looking at source implications) but
I guess you'll post a patch.

> 3. nuke inet_ntoa_r() from libc

I am not sure we can easily do that (despite not being used in base).
I fear some broader research into ports is needed, or as a shortcut,
does linux have an inet_ntoa_r()?

          Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.