Re: Use of C99 extra long double math functions after r236148

From: Eitan Adler <lists_at_eitanadler.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 22:55:10 -0700
On 31 May 2012 08:45, John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> I do think we should provide something in ports as an interim solution.
> There are other 3rd party applications looking to drop FreeBSD support
> because we are missing APIs that almost all other OS's have.  I'm fine
> if the interim lives in ports and that we don't import substandard
> routines into the base.  I would even be fine with calling it
> /usr/local/lib/libm_inaccurate.so.  However, I do think we need an option.

Do we have a wiki page listing the functions in libm we are missing?
Having some kind of place to track progress and figure out what
exactly is needed is the first step to getting these APIs into shape.

Also, are there BSD licensed naive implementations of these functions
we can use? Would it be okay to have slow, but accurate versions of
these functions as a stopgap?

--
Eitan Adler