Re: Use of C99 extra long double math functions after r236148

From: Peter Jeremy <peter_at_rulingia.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 10:03:57 +1000
On 2012-Jun-01 10:29:13 -0400, John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>On Friday, June 01, 2012 1:55:10 am Eitan Adler wrote:
>> Also, are there BSD licensed naive implementations of these functions
>> we can use? Would it be okay to has slow, but accurate versions of
>> these functions as a stopgap?
>
>Peter Jeremy more or less has a stopgap already ready judging by the comments
>in the thread thus far.

There's probably an hours work by either stephen_at_ or myself to adapt
the work I did on cephes in Sage to a standalone FreeBSD port.
Unfortunately, both stephen_at_ & I are currently otherwise occupied and
other comments in this thread suggest that the inclusion of such a port
would be strongly opposed.

Note that cephes isn't "slow but accurate" - it's reasonably fast but
naive and therefore dodgy in edge cases.

--
Peter Jeremy