Re: periodic emails

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 18:53:49 +0000
On 3. Jan 2012, at 15:36 , John Baldwin wrote:

> On Monday, January 02, 2012 4:29:18 pm Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> why do we send all these empty headings for periodic emails or given there is
>> no output to this one can we
>>
>> 1) suppress the empty sections (to me that sounds a bit like a wrong
>>   return code or something maybe?), and
>> 2) add an option to suppress "empty" periodic emails entirely?
>
> Have you tried 'daily_show_success="NO"' in /etc/periodic.conf?
>
> (Also security_show_success, weekly_show_success, and monthly_show_success?)
>
> Those certainly have fixed both 1) and 2) for me.

How did you fix this part of the daily emails?

----

Security check:
   (output mailed separately)

-- End of daily output --
----

I guess I could set daily_status_security_output="" given the value or the
exported value derived from it are not used elsewhere?  But it would still
leave the "Security check" for the email:(

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!