Re: Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD ?

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 16:04:34 +0200
On 06/09/12 15:43, Adam Strohl wrote:
> On 6/9/2012 14:50, O. Hartmann wrote:
>> Lucky man! We are "off" from some desktop services (like LibreOffice and
>> Firefox) for more than a week now!
>
> Why did you update to begin with?  Bug/security fix?
>
> --
> Adam Strohl
> http://www.ateamsystems.com/

Well, this is a good question. Unfortunately, I did an update of the
ports tree and PNG update rushed in. The information in UPDATING came a
in bit later, but since then several ports have been updated already -
and rendered some applications unuseable.

The question "why" isn't applicable here. Sometimes ports need updates
or a port that is installed reels in another or even an update and this
triggers the avalnche of messes.