Re: Possible fix for Perl failing with ../lib/auto/POSIX/POSIX.so: Undefined symbol "__flt_rounds" on ARM

From: Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 23:26:40 +0300
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 05:56:12PM +0200, Jan Sieka wrote:
> Both versions work indeed. I have analysed other architectures'
> lib/libc/<arch>/Symbol.map files and __flt_rounds should go into FBSD_ and
> *not* into FBSDprivate section. I have verified that at least one of the
> Perl's libraries (POSIX.so) links to __flt_rounds. Python also links to
> this function. So to the best of my knowledge current patch is the
> righteous one.

Let me restate my point again. It does not matter whether some application
uses the symbol. It does matter whether the symbol is considered the part
of exported stable ABI, intended for use by applications. If it is, then
FBSD_1.X is the right namespace, otherwise symbol should be moved to
private and existing usage fixed.