Re: DTrace broken on 9.0-Release?

From: Ryan Goodfellow <rgoodfel_at_eecs.wsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:53:07 -0700
Hi everyone, and thank you for the very prompt responses.

I did indeed compile world with CFLAGS+=-fno-omit-frame-poiner in my make.conf.  I will file the PR shortly.

Thank You
Ryan G

On Jun 14, 2012, at 9:00 AM, George Neville-Neil <gnn_at_neville-neil.com> wrote:

> Top post.
>
> File a PR and assign it to me (gnn) please.
>
> I'm on vacation until Sunday but I am actively working on DTrace when I'm not
> on vacation.
>
> Best,
> Geo
> On Jun 14, 2012, at 02:53 , Fabian Keil wrote:
>
>> Ryan Goodfellow <rgoodfel_at_eecs.wsu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Today I downloaded and installed FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE and followed the
>>> directions from <http://wiki.freebsd.org/DTrace> to get DTrace up and
>>> running.  The output of DTrace instrumenting a simple program, however,
>>> is not correct.  The program is as follows:
>>>
>>> // test.cc
>>> #include<cstdlib>
>>>
>>> int main(void) {
>>> for(int i = 0; i < 5; i++) {
>>>   malloc(47);
>>> }
>>> }
>>>
>>> then compiling and running DTrace as follows:
>>>
>>> g++ test.cc -o test
>>>
>>> dtrace -n 'pid$target::malloc:entry{ }' -c ./test
>>>

>>> The correct output for this example is something to the tune of:
>>>
>>> dtrace: description 'pid$target::malloc:entry' matched 2 probes
>>> dtrace: pid 95236 has exited
>>> CPU     ID                    FUNCTION:NAME
>>> 0 188748                     malloc:entry
>>> 0 188748                     malloc:entry
>>> 0 188748                     malloc:entry
>>> 0 188748                     malloc:entry