SIGSEGV in lots of processes (head i386 _at_r237440)

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 06:49:59 -0700
Just updated my laptop's head slice from r237378 to r237440; while
it did manage to get to multi-user mode, I was only able to login as
root, and whenever I tried to do much of anything, the sell (csh) exited
with a SIGSEGV.

I finally gave it a "3-fingered salute", [Ctl-Alt-Del], and init
appeared to enter a non-terminating SIGSEGV loop.

My build machine is still building the kernel; assuming(!) I see similar
behavior on that, I should be able to poke around a bit, as I have a
serial console on it (though I'll be remote from it, as I'll be at
work).

Anyway, I thought I'd mention this in case it might help someone.

The typescript from the "svn update" and the resulting build may be
found at <http://www/~david/FreeBSD/head_r237440.txt>.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.