Re: [CFT] sysutils/bsdconfig: Replacement for sysinstall(8) post-install configuration abilities

From: Devin Teske <devin.teske_at_fisglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:11:52 -0700
Hi Bruce,

On Jun 24, 2012, at 5:14 PM, Bruce Cran wrote:

> On 21/06/2012 00:40, Devin Teske wrote:
>> If you have the time and/or energy, please test and report any issues that you experience.
>
> I've noticed a few typos and other minor issues:
>
> In bsdconfig(8):
>  Contains a link to itself under SEE ALSO.
>  "bsdconfig takes a commands as an argument" - should be "command".

Fixed.

> bsdconfig mouse:
>  Typo "se Configuration menu".
>  "Please Specify the mouse daemon flags" - don't need upper-case S.

Fixed.

> bsdconfig hostname:
>  The example should probably be in the example.com domain.

Replaced with "full.example.com"

> bsdconfig netdev:
>  "Select a TCP/IP network interface to configure" doesn't need "TCP/IP".

Done.

> bsdconfig nameservers:
>  "Please enter the new TCP/IP address of the DNS nameserver" should just be "IP address". "TCP/IP" is being used where just "IP" was needed in other places too.

Done.

> 'bsdconfig command -h' doesn't always work:

Enough people complained about this, that… it too is "fixed" (though I argue that there's absolutely nothing wrong with having "-h" be invalid to getopts -- the end result is the same with exception to the "illegal option -h" extra-line of output that everybody seems to complain about. Also mind you, that much of the FreeBSD Operating System suffers from this ""bug""

> > bsdconfig hostname -h
> Illegal option -h

Like "tzsetup -h" and many others that are this way. I just can't win (inconsistencies everywhere in the system w/respect to this).
--
Devin

P.S. Fixes are in the up-coming 0.7.3 PORTVERSION of sysutils/bsdconfig.