Re: [CFC/CFT] large changes in the loader(8) code

From: Andrey V. Elsukov <bu7cher_at_yandex.ru>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:58:22 +0400
On 27.06.2012 1:41, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Long ago I saw a proposal to create a dedicated partition on GPT to
> hold the metadata. With the large number of partitions available on
> GPT, tying up one just for GEOM seems like a low price and it moves
> the device GEOM out of the realm of FreeBSD unique and subject to
> serious issues when/if a disk is shared with some other OS. I have
> seen little comment on this and have never seen any argument that that
> it could not work.

When you share some disk with another OS, it seems that much serious
issue will be when other OS did some changes in your mirror without
you knowing. I know about successful sharing of the disk between Windows
and FreeBSD via graid on the Intel pseudo raid. Just use compatible technologies.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov