Re: flowtable usable or not

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:04:00 -0800
2012/3/3 Doug Barton <dougb_at_freebsd.org>:
> On 03/02/2012 16:05, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> Try breaking that cycle.
>
> ... one of the things I've been asking for years. :)
>
> Julian's right though, I think PC-BSD will help, but I still think that
> committers should run -current. I've asked privately for our committers
> to go back to -current and then have some dedicated development time
> where we work together to fix the problems that *we* find in order to
> make the project more desktop-friendly overall. I was (figuratively)
> laughed out of the room.

There's a magic intersection between "need to run current" and "need
to keep stuff unbroken enough to get work done."

I have 9.0-REL and -HEAD boxes at the moment which I actually use for
development. But enough things are going wonky with kde4 for now that
getting "actual work done" is hard. Upgrading ports will become a lot
less painful with pkgng, so I hope to try and migrate to that when
it's (more) ready.

This is the unfortunate side effect of things being mostly run by
volunteers who have to work to eat. :-)

Adrian