Re: svn commit: r232619 - in head: . sys/amd64/conf sys/arm/conf sys/i386/conf sys/ia64/conf sys/mips/conf sys/pc98/conf sys/powerpc/conf sys/sparc64/conf

From: Attilio Rao <attilio_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 20:07:39 +0000
2012/3/6, Attilio Rao <attilio_at_freebsd.org>:
> Author: attilio
> Date: Tue Mar  6 20:01:25 2012
> New Revision: 232619
>
> Log:
>   Disable the option VFS_ALLOW_NONMPSAFE by default on all the supported
>   platforms.
>   This will make every attempt to mount a non-mpsafe filesystem to the
>   kernel forbidden, unless it is expressely compiled with
>   VFS_ALLOW_NONMPSAFE option.

This is just a gentle reminder in order to point you further to the
"official" page:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/NONMPSAFE_DEORBIT_VFS

and to mention that the time for removing non-mpsafe filesystem is approaching.
In 6 months we will disconnect from the tree the non-mpsafe
filesystems and will remove the whole non-mpsafe handling
infrastructure in the VFS and the buffer cache, thus please think
about stepping up and convert your favourite filesystem.

Thanks,
Attilio