Re: CFT: new BSD-licensed sort available

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 12:07:12 -0700
On 14 March 2012 19:32, Mark Felder <feld_at_feld.me> wrote:

> I've seen several discussions on the bsd lists with everyone against the
> debian alternatives way. I don't know the history but I don't think it has
> much support. I assume it has to do with binaries passing through /etc via
> symlinks. I don't personally have much of an opinion on this.

Ah! It's mailer - /etc/mail/mailer.conf . I almost would like this to
be more generic.

But sure, you could just come up with a config file method that
regenerates a bunch of symlinks in /usr and such. It doesn't have to
go through /etc/.

Anyway, it's just an idea. It'd be nice to have bsdsort in the default
build, called 'bsdsort'.

Adrian